Sunday, August 23, 2009

weekend update

Well this past week has been a fun one. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary by getting a hotel room downtown and having Jami watch Will for the night. The next day we spent time at the temple and downtown. Afterwards, we went to the aquarium as a family. We had fun and Will just watched all the little fishies in their tanks. There is one spot where they have a little photo canoe and so we hopped in as a family. When we told will to say "cheese" he just smiled and scrunched his face up (like in the picture)
Then the other day I was sitting on the couch and looked over at Will to see him pulling every unused diaper out of the basket, opening them up and leaving them in a pile on the floor. I guess I shouldd just be grateful that they were unused!This morning Will was his usual self and was caught making faces for the camera. He does this thing were he closes his eyes, tilts his head down, opens his eyes and looks at you with an expression saying "you're strange". I caught him mid-blink in this picture but he looks like hes sleeping.
Yesterday we were playing outside. Will kept on wandering toward the neighbor's driveway (there is a little drop from our yard to there) and I got up to try to get him before he fell, but being the little mischievous monster that he is, he tried to run away from me and greeted the sidewalk with his face. He was just fine, but he seems to be a typical little boy by getting hurt.
So last night Spencer brought me some beautiful flowers. They really made my day! There are yellow gerber daisies with red-orange tips and roses in the same shade.
Now the past couple of days have been pretty dang hot, so to cool off, Will and I have been going outside to play with the hose. Roxy really likes it when Will shares the water for her to drink.
Will has just loved being outside! He helps me water the vegetable garden and then cools/cleans my feet off with the hose. He doesn't even mind splashing the water on himself!
bye!

5 comments:

Rocker Chick 411 said...

he is just toooooooo cute lol!! :D i still cant believe that he is a one year old.

Annie said...

great journaling and pics. How you not love that cute, impish face? He's so funny, Aly. You're a good mom!!!

Melissa said...

Love it! Looks like lots of fun!

Melissa said...

Aly- I blogged about your wanna be skinny mama blog on my new blog (honeybeebzz.blogspot.com) My friend showed me this site called SITS and they are all about comment support. Two people read my post and said they were going to check out your blog. Maybe you should join SITS and hopefully we can have more people visiting our second blogs! :D

Kayti said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's been two years for you guys--awesome :)